Skills First Reconnect
Skills First Reconnect is a Victorian Government initiative being delivered by GEST in conjunction with TAFE Gippsland and Berry Street, which supports people between 17-64 who have left school early or who are long-term unemployed.
The Reconnect program will continue to support people that are experiencing disadvantage with participant eligibility including the following four groups of people:
- Young People – Ages between 17-19 years: not engaged in education or training for six months or more (less than 8 hours per week)
- Mature Participants – Aged between 20-64 years: Unemployed for six months or more (less than 8 hours per week) and not engaged in education or training for six months or more (less than 8 hours per week)
- Young People Impacted By Justice System – Young people (17 to 24 years of age) who have been, or currently on, Youth Justice Orders.
- Asylum Seekers – A person without citizenship but holds a valid:
– BridgingVisa Class E (BVE);
– Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (SHEV); or
– Temporary Protection Visa (TPV)
The Reconnect Program provides an individualised service to each eligible participant to help them get back on track, build resilience and the capacity needed to successfully transition into formal learning and employment in a sustainable way.