From 1 January 2015, all new and existing students are required to obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
A USI is a reference number made up of numbers and letters that gives students access to their USI account. A USI will allow an individual’s USI account to be linked to the National Vocational Education and Training (VET) Data Collection allowing an individual to see all of their training results from all providers including all completed training units and qualifications (from 2015 onwards).
There are two ways to obtain your USI, if you don’t already have one:
- You can obtain it yourself online and then provide it to VECCI. To obtain it yourself please follow this link to create a USI
- Email your USI to email@example.com within one month of receiving this email; or
- You can authorise GEST to obtain your USI on your behalf. If you wish to do this, please sign the attached privacy notice and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org within one month of receiving this email
- Provide a copy of your ID. This may be a driver’s license, birth certificate, passport or Medicare card
- Please note that GEST cannot issue any student with a Statement of Attainment or qualification unless you have provided us with your USI